Tamazuki (youkai version) from Nurarihyon no Mago
i think this must be the most recycled cosplay ever. and by that i mean using all kinds of recycled items i can find. for e.g. the hakama was from my kendo, the purple top modified from kimimaro's top, the wig from my shio+gwen cosplay... and of course the cloths - i have so many leftover colored cloths i didn't really need to buy any ><
so who is this demon fox...?
his broken mask
his bbq sword
and his eye..!
also compared it to the manga version, and i decided to make the manga hair on the anime body. haha.
this is his human form, just for the heck of it. this was after he got slashed by rikuo and his mask broke, hence the scar.
so what exactly did i make then??
started with the cloak first. actually made an inner layer as well (since i have so many leftover white cloth... why not).
put on the star painting and accessories...
then the collar
the inner top was modified - i cut short my kimimaro top and added the sleeves and collar. easy.
but the patterns were a killer. i bought the white felt to cut all the patterns, because the acrylic white paint i had just didn't look sharp enough. think i spent the whole day cutting, pasting and watching secret garden at the same time. not bad. (and then i cut the wrong shape on the cloak, and had to redo =.=)
then i worked on the grotesque bbq char siew sword. was done with bunches of newspaper masking taped to the shape, then painted with red shades. mom was wondering what the ugly thing was for several days, and i really want to throw it away soon. ughh
with some shading
the hilt thingy was made out of acrylic, which i sun bian cut since i was using the machine anyway. the holding part was wrapped with bandages i used for kimimaro.
then the mask. cut it from foam (shouldn't have, but it looked pretty flat...) and acrylic painted + white spray paint it. cracks when you fold it, and the painted features weren't bright enough... but oh well!
then is the wig. modifying shio's wig is hell... i really dislike that exploding bombastic wig. it didn't look good in photos either. thank goodness he has long hair so i could just put another wig below. needed special angles so the hair don't look so bombastic. pfffft.
last is the belt. i got about 10m of gold cords, twined them around each other, then twined the double rope around metal wire to get that shape. just barely able to put them on myself when i wore the costume, securing them using safety pins. really not a good method.
fox ears very easy, just a triangle pouch, and i pasted on the pink triangles. secured with hair pins. didn't even bother taking pictures. oops.