Wednesday, April 04, 2007

1) screwing up my online exchange application

what i thought i did:
submitted the online application.

what i actually did:
submitted the online application in a drunken stupor. hence, it was actually not submitted at all. i was imagining things.

how did i realise what i actually did:
had a teeny 'interview' session with my prof regarding the testimonials required for this exchange. he did not receive any emails for my application to write a testimonial. so that means i had NOT submitted it at all. great.

so what i seek to resolve issue:
called person-in-charge (office of international relations). she was kind enough to send me an offline version to fill in, although she told me i did not seem keen to join in the exchange. (that's the last thing you want to hear... no interest means you're not gonna be picked for the exchange)

and the outcome:
i sent the offline application.

2) screwing up my offline application

what i thought i did:
sent the offline application the day after i received it.

what i actually did:
put the application in my draft folder.

how did i realise what i actually did:
one week later, trying to clean my mails... and voila! 'why is it still in my drafts box?'

so what i seek to resolve issue:
immediately emailed and called same person up. she says they were having some meetings and were busy the entire week. did not have time to check through the applications. so i can still send mine in. phew.

and the outcome:
expected. i didn't get my rikkyo. they offered my second choice, APU, but i have to stay there till jan. that means more school fees (money-minded, wickedly scheming school), later-than-planned graduation. oh well, guess i'll try the next semester.

3) screwing up my community service

what i thought i did:
burning up my weekends, giving to the poor, showering love to the people

what i actually did:
sell tshirts. merchandise. basically profiteering out of silat's world championship. or rather, helping some organisation to profit, since the money doesn't go to me. just to get the hours, yeah?

how did i realise what i actually did:
received an email saying 'hey, your cip hours would not be recognised cos you didn't do so-and-so-and-so...'

so what i seek to resolve issue:
ok, so i didn't sign up officially for it. i didn't submit indemnity form. so that's 2 major boo-boos. went to the office of community service, spoke to 2 representatives from there. had an hour plus of intensive interrogation in between interruptions from my dearest friend, who had exchanged her bag with me cos her bad looked too unpresentable for an interview and now she wants her bag back (try tongue twisting that, my fingers almost crossed). oh joy. finally agreed to let me have my well-deserved 38 hours if i repent by doing another day-cip. better than nothing...

and the outcome:
haven't found my cip. will continue this saga after the exams.

4) exams clashing with phantom of the opera

what i thought i did:
checked my time table, made sure i was available on that day so i can finish my exams and watch the concert.

what i actually did:
i probably imagined doing all that.

how did i realise what i actually did:
woke up this morning. 'hey why is my 14th april marked?'... 'oh it's phantom of the opera... 2-4pm'... 'wait, ain't i supposed to have my business process paper on 14th april, 130-430pm?' GREAT.

so what i seek to resolve issue:
-emailed my prof. hey i spent $100 bucks on this thing, prebooked it last year, please let me have the paper earlier??? 'that's not a good enough reason to convince the register's -it's registrar, prof- office.' expected. i'll just try to beg and beg. see how.
-called up sistic. it clashes with my exams, can you please let me change the date and time?!? MAY approve appeal. but even if they have the seats available for me to change now, i may not actually get the seats if it gets taken up by the time the appeal is approved.
-find someone to exchange with me. hi, may i know who is kind enough???

and the outcome:
still pending. i just finished calling the person in between my mom calling me and me calling my sister to ask for the booker's details (i wasn't the one who booked the tickets you know).

5) retype retype retype

for my exchange application:
filled in my application, submitted and --> connection error. so filled in application, submitted and --> connection error. yes, thank you very much, that's why i can remember what i filled in already.

for my testimonials:
filled in the necessary questions prof wanted to write me a testimonial. thought i sent it. not in my sent box. oh great. it must be my connection error. so i write it again. not in my drafts either. great! prof says he didn't receive it at all! let's write it a third time.

for this blog post:
filled in my list of misfortunate misfortune. clicked 'save'. 'oopsy! you do not have the permission!' <--seriously, what's that!!! why do i need permission to blog in my own bebo?!?!?! so i have to retype all this shit and yet again remind myself of my miserable plight. and i'm so gonna copy and paste this somewhere first before the same warning comes out again. you know this got through if you see it posted now. and i will only have to write this TWICE.

No comments:

Post a Comment