Saturday, January 18, 2020

Not twins... but triplets..?

I'm getting up for my regular check up after about 10days past my confirmed pregnancy.
Just hoping nothing's up! i get to hear the little ones' heartbeats today~

I'm kinda losing a lot of weight and going back to 44kg again. but i still have a little bump.


i'm peeing normally and i just realised that that choking feeling in my throat is actually morning sickness. eventhough i don't actually vomit out... but yes, it's still the same thing. i do vomit out lots of air though - if burping can be called that way. i'm probably burping like once every 10mins. i still don't have much of an appetite but it has improved greatly... from one spoonful of rice to about 5 spoonfuls..? i'm trying to eat more.. but the morning sickness is really not helping. -_- thank goodness the nurse says that i do not necessary need to start driving my weight up. just eating healthily and whenever i want to, as per my normal lifestyle, is fine. phew... i thought i'd have to eat a few more servings for the little humans in me.

so.... i have a big shock today. but it's quite a lovely surprise.



you know it is a little hard to determine if my scans are normal when it looks like brocolli has sprouted in those black circles. is that even normal? i'm frightened further when the doc gives a shocked diagnosis and says 'oh nooooo.... oh god...' i thought my eggs were having issues...

but apparently.. it wasn't what i thought. it turns out that one of my eggs split into 2. which means i will be having triplets! can you see the 3 different heartbeats? the last little lad (mid heartbeat pic) has a weaker heartbeat as compared to the rest but it's still audible. now, how did this very very low 1% or something happened to me..??

well, at first the doc was shocked and worried because she thinks that my little body would have trouble handling 2... and 3 would be too much. she told me that it could be removed via a loooong needle stuck up my vagina (with no anaesthesia) within this week. the idea of having a needle stuck up is bad enough, but i really didn't want to do anything bad to my babies. also, the likelihood that the other babies would be affected should i choose to do this is there.

i didn't really have to think much for this. i just asked if there is any possibility of me dying in the whole process or any of my babies dying, should i keep all 3. there was no such risk, so the deal is done. of course, the whole process wouldn't be all sunshine and flowers - i can expect to be bedridden from the 5th month onwards, since my body would be so heavy i probably wouldn't be able to move. it would probably be a lot worse than when my body was bloated. the babies are likely to come out premature, and would have to be hospitalised for at least 2 mths, during which whether they would survive or not totally depends on their determination.

it was definitely worth a challenge... i guess? i'd just have to keep myself safe and strong for a good 8mths more! i mean it's not like anyone can have triplets. i must have been sent this challenge because heaven wants to make a wager on whether my little physique can endure this.

i told my mom later on, for the first time, that i am pregnant. i am only about 7 weeks but if my nampyeon is telling my FIL and MIL... then my mom deserves to know. it turns out that while i thought both our family histories didn't have any twins, my mom said otherwise. apparently my mom's uncles and aunties had twins, and she thought this gene would be passed to my bro. well, guess what mommy.....

i must have been too overjoyed for words because my blood test decided to tell me my sugar level was high (so i have to retake it) and my morning sickness decided to pour cold water on me, by making me vomit that night. it was slightly terrifying because there were hints of blood in my initial vomit. ughhhhh do you have to spoil my mood that way... thankfully, i googled and it seemed like something pretty normal. i guess for me it is mainly because i wasn't drinking enough water and eating enough, so my body decided to scare me. yessir... i get it....

on the bright side, my babies need natal names...~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment