Monday, July 02, 2007

i managed to cut out the twirly patterns on the side of the helm and stuck it to the sides! it looks pretty good!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

then i realised my linings and stuff kept peeling off, and plus i used like 3 layers for everything so the top layer kept uncovering to reveal the unpainted layers underneath, so i had to keep glueing and glueing it, and glue gun SO TOTALLY DIDN'T work. don't buy the mini boston trigger thingy.
then i experimented with the plastic cover thing which i bought a roll at popular for $2.50 (spotlight having clearance at $2, so i've 2 rolls now which i doubt i'd use). it wasn't very sticky because it didn't stick properly (duh).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
eventually i removed it because although it looks pretty normal on camera, it's weird to have a waterproof plastic helm. and the removal process was pretty easy - it's like removing post-it notes, just that this post-it was a little stronger. i'm glad it didn't take away any paint or tear anything! i bought this huge chunk of crafty white glue from spotlight at $3.95. hmm hope it sticks well. no drastic effect but i'd go home and check if it's still peeling. it looks better without the plastic i think.

No comments:

Post a Comment