Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Our 3 year anniversary

21 Weeks

This was probably the first time i took an ambulance. Nampyeon quickly packed up in the morning and i was wheeled and shuffled to Bundang SNUH, a 10mins drive away. The admission and testing area was chaotic upon our arrival - there were many patients bundled around waiting to get tested so they could be hospitalised. I had to go through a heart test, xray, blood test and urine test before i got assigned to a ward. They changed my needles since it was expiring today as well as the drip i was on to their packaging (the contents were the same... was it even necessary zzz). I was by myself for the whole day till about 3-4pm where nampyeon came in for a while and then went off to get dinner for me.

I realised that i was warded at the high risk mom area where visitors were only allowed for 2hrs a day at fixed times. I was reassessed and assigned 1 more needle because the new med (magnesium sulphate) could not be dripped together with antibotics. I had to monitor my urine flow by measuring them everytime i use the toilet, and record all my intakes and outputs. I was not trembling since Lavobar was off but my hands burned when the drip came on, and i couldn't move my hands properly because the new needles were poked near the joints. With one needle on each hand, it was tough to do anything properly without help.




Nampyeon came in with my dinner but was told he had to leave since it wasn't visiting times yet. I was severely weak emotionally and physically and started crying with self-pity, and the nurses eventually allowed him to have dinner with me before i got worse. I realised i had been so reliant on nampyeon that i wasn't able to handle this new situation by myself. I was alone, i had no support and i was in pain all over. I couldn't sleep the whole night - my contractions were frequent, i had a clogged nose from bleeding and dried air. My hands burned with the drip. Whenever i thought i could fall asleep, i needed to pee and had to wash all the measuring basin while in the toilet. My legs were numb from the swelling, and my heart felt blocked, making me harder to breathe (side effects of magnesium). The bed was hard and no matter how many positions i changed i couldn't get comfortable without my back, butt or my srm getting numb. When i return to my bed i was no longer sleepy and had to go through the clogged nose and burning pain again to make myself sleep. It was so so difficult to fall asleep. I tried to look for a nurse but at 3am there wasn't anyone in sight and i didn't know where the emergency button was at. I hung on and cried until 5am when the nurses made their rounds and i got reassessed for my contractions.

I was dripped with Lavobar and magnesium this time. The contractions got better and i was so tired i managed to sleep for a good hour at the end at 7am the next day. It was the longest and the worse day of my life. And it was our 3 year anniversary that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment