Sunday, April 26, 2020

Settling down

23 - 26 Apr

The next few days were repetitive. I was on drips but i wasn't sad anymore. I was able to laugh and talk with the nurses and i thought my pain had been driven away. I was able to forget about my lost child and i didn't cry for a long time. One of the nurses said that she was surprised that i was cheery because they had been told that i had a weak heart. Sure, the nurses screwed up a few times with the mistakes made in my needle change but i was unfazed.


I had clogged nose and nosebleeds but it was bearable. I was also swelling like a balloon with all the drips, unable to move comfortably around.


There was a day when I couldn't pass motion properly and the sides of my stomach hurt. The doctors found accumulated waters inside via ultrasound but they sent me for MRI as they suspected appendicitis inflammation. It actually got better after I was able to pass motion but i still went through the scanning just to have a peace of mind. Thankfully, nothing was found but we had to pay about 450 for the scan. it was a momentary scare but everything was fine eventually and the pain didn't come back again.

Anyways, i had nampyeon with me, good food, great environment and i was happy for a while. I appreciated the medical system they had here which allowed me to view my schedule, my hospitalization costs, my blood test results and i could even pick my food for the next day. I grew to like the place.

The initialization page. you can scan the wrist tag to log in conveniently (via NFC).


Picking my food for the next day


All the medicine I was given for the day


My blood test results

Hospitalization expenses to-date


I love how they had a variety of food and gave drinks in many of the meals. I was finally able to break free of korean food and have bread for breakfast!















I was growing and with all the swelling, I was slowly putting on weight again. There were still times when I didn't have much appetite and I could barely finish half of what was served for every meal, but at least I ate for the most part.


Additionally, nampyeon was there by my side. he'd shave apples for me. he'd help my my stay comfortable by bringing pillows for me. he would set up monitors so i could stream shows to watch. he'll put lotions on my cracked legs and arms. he'd bathed me because i wasn't able to do so with my hands in IV drips, and he'll lift me up whenever I need the loo, and i went so very often (every 2hrs or less). he'll buy snacks for me, order pizza, toast and stuff. he'd tell me he loves me everyday and give me hugs. everything he did was the reason i was so reliant on him. i came to realise that he was genuinely caring about me and nothing else, and i was so, so grateful everyday i married the right man. through pregnancy, you can really see a man for what he is. sure, sometimes he'd be a jerk and disappear but i know now that he just has a different way of relieving his stress. i love him and he was my only source of comfort. i can't imagine being in the ward without him anymore.


Staring at the same ceiling wasn't so bad after all. but peace didn't last very long, as usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment