Thursday, May 28, 2020

A chinese feast

28 May

Nampyeon woke up with me for pumping sessions that day. he had actually tried to wake and help me with pumping every night, washing the parts for me so that i could finish and sleep longer. sometimes he was forgetful and he would leave the parts in the kettle, so i wasn't able to pump immediately but had to wait for them to dry in our steriliser. i'd get angry at him and i almost cried at him once because i was so frustrated at having to wake up at 3am, just to wait 20-30mins for the items to be dried and UVed. i lacked sleep and it wasn't putting me in the correct state of mind.

today, however, after the quarrel yesterday, i was able to sleep within 5-10mins of lying in bed. i had already given up on my alarms, relying on my bodily reaction to wake up. i'd pee every 2.5-3hrs if i drink after every session, and my boobs would fill up and start hurting at regular times. there was really no need for alarms anymore. sure, there were times when i'd wake up after 4 or 5hours, but i didn't care anymore. the fatigue was getting to me, and i figure i'd just be more diligent during the day instead to press out the lumps, and have more ice pack therapy.

nampyeon woke up after a pretty good dream. he saw kinzy and linzy in his dreams, but they became our future son. i wonder why my babies never appeared in my dreams, but frequently appeared in his.

we woke up just 10mins before we were supposed to get out. we had a lunch appointment with his sister and his sister hates it when we are late. fortunately, i was able to get ready in less than 10mins. i had already given up washing myself so i just changed and used toner pads to freshen myself. i had placed my new breastfeeding clothes from taobao in the airdresser yesterday so i just slipped on one of them. i could do the pumping in the car since the journey was about 1.5hrs to seoul.

i was so so glad his sister arranged for this meal. it was an authentic chinese meal at last! to top it off, the meal was pure luxury. i love every dishes they had. we went for the course meal and it was about 160k won per person. i actually wouldn't pay that much for a meal but his sister was treating so it was all awesome.


the side dishes given were szechuan vege, pickled cucumbers and cashew nuts. we had freeflow chinese tea.


to start off, we had shark's fins!!! i have never seen such a big piece of fin in my life...


fried scallops!

sea cucumber with crystal dumpling. dumpling was unxpectedly so-so.


marinated beef slices. i was already 90% full at this point

and they said that noodle/rice would be served. there was 3 options so we got one of each. the noodles used in jamppong and jajangmyeon was so nice! the flavour was clean and fresh. i'd totally recommend the jajangmyeon!




i love the dessert too. it was tangerine puree with sago, topped with longans.


i realised that we had to pay additional to eat in a room. each room was labeled with a chinese flower ingredient.


i'm sad to leave this place.

i went home to finally open up the flower box that charis had sent me. it came yesterday but i was so out of it i hadn't had time to look at it.




the bunch of flowers on the left had specks of blue stalks inside and reminded me of the bouquet i used during my wedding. this was probably the first supportive present i've received... knowing that not many knew about what i was facing. it was comforting and it was nice to know that there was someone who cared enough to send me this... to make me feel better. i was not a flower person but it was still nice to receive them once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment