Sunday, May 10, 2020

A last feast.

10 May

The next day i was feeling much better after clutching to nampyeon's hands the whole night. I had a really full breakfast - mcmuffin set with prune chiller, pancakes and i even managed to stuff down another banana. I ate pizza and truffle rice for lunch and i probably passed motion at least 4 times. It was probably the only day i ate so much. I wanted to have a shower that day so nampyeon bathed me for the first time since we moved here.


Yes, there were bouts of contractions and towards the night the interval shortened to from 8mins to 3-5mins. I thought it was because i needed to shit because sometimes it's hard to differentiate between the 2, and my shit flowed out so smoothly whenever the contractions happen. But even after i emptied my bowels the contractions couldn't stop and it got more painful. I finally decided to let the nurses know around 11pm when they came in for checks.

I came to know later on that this was the last meal and shower I would share with my babies. When it passed 12am, I whispered Happy Birthday to my nampyeon. Somehow I think it will be a different birthday for him that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment