Friday, May 01, 2020

Leaking waters and blood

28 Apr 

My eyelids were heavy throughout the day due to lack of sleep. The good thing was the latched pain on my rib suddenly disappearing and my nose unblocking miraculously. I was able to have much better sleep that day, though the trembles continue.

29 Apr 

Doctor decided i could be put off Lavobar since i wasn't feeling the contractions anymore. The truth is there were probably contractions but it was too mild to notice and i just can't be bothered to track considering i was able to sleep properly for once. But i knew that when i touched my tummy, it was frequently hard - a clear sign of contraction.

I enjoyed my freedom from the med for only a few hours before i felt the waters drizzling out again, and the contractions started around 5pm. I was sent to be checked - I've never had so many things stuck up my vagina before. First it was some metal scoop (to see if cervix opened or if there's clots or stuff inside) then it was the internal ultrasound (to check length) and finally the fingers (to check cervix dilation). My cervix length was greatly reduced. The doctor didn't say exactly how much but I saw from the Ultrasound screen it was 0.98cm. They didn't say if it was bad or not but a simple google search tells me it's bad. The only thing i can do is to control my contractions now... I began to regret my earlier consent to take off Lavobar just for that few hrs of freedom. This time neither 32ml of Lavobar nor Magnesium Sulfate could save me. After 2hrs of being dripped with Lavobar then Mg, i was still feeling the contractions, altho the interval seems to have increased just very slightly. The doctor asked if i was able to sleep with this feeling - i said yes and i was returned to my ward with Mg drip at 50ml. Actually, my contractions weren't the issue. My leg was so bloated and numbed and my hands burned (side effects of Mg). I still had accelerated heartbeat and i was trembling from 32ml of Lavobar - those were way more distracting than the contractions. God forbid i ever try to steal a few hrs of freedom again.

That night, my contractions didn't stop and i kept leaking waters. Strangely i was peeing every 1-2hrs (Mg actually makes you want to pee less thus the necessity to monitor urine outflow), more frequent than usual. My pee kept waking me up in the night and it was coupled with watery poo (effect from the constipation med given or the drips). I had to wipe so badly each time i wish they could install a bidet. By this time i had alr given up measuring my urine amounts since i could somehow estimate the amount roughly. Can you imagine having to clean the measuring containers everytime you pee, and if there's poop it will be worse!??!? Nope, not gonna sacrifice my sleep for that....

30 Apr

I have leaked waters that can soak roughly a whole standard pad. It came out quite consistently, but the amount wasn't huge. The contractions didn't stop. However it seems that the nurses were unfazed as long as i wasn't leaking a huge chunk or having blood in my urine. I was weighed in the morning - a whopping 60kg!! That's about 7kg in 1 week since i came here?? Not sure whether it was good or not. I had my blood drawn again and my IV drips were all shifted to my left hand now. It seems better this way than to have both hands paralysed.

1 May 

I started to see blood in my discharge.




It wasn't a lot but it was a little mass of blood clot found on my pad. Alerted the nurse and they said to let them know if it gets worse. From then on, about 2 or 3 droplets of fresh blood would appear in my discharge. Since it wasn't a continuous trickle it seems to be of no issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment