Tuesday, May 05, 2020

A new hospital... Hyehwa SNUH

5 May

I really hate moving hospitals. The new hospital requires you to do all the basic checks again that includes blood test and more injections. I was sent to the Hyehwa branch for NUH at 10am, and everything was just plain torture. I was subjected to basic tests, xrays, blood test, corona test, vaginal test (where they insert so many things inside i felt i was being continually raped), ultrasound and fetal movement tests. It was concluded that i was not really at risk of TTTS but this would have to be affirmed by the prof tomorrow, since it was a PH that day. I had to be locked up by myself till 6pm because the results for covid would only be clear then. I really have no idea why they would do this test to a pregnant patient who has generally seen nothing but hospital interiors for the past 3 weeks, but protocol was protocol. i feel like i got worse everytime i change hospitals.


At 4pm my contractions started to hurt badly and i was subjected to more fetal movement tests. I was dripped with 45ml/hr of Magnesium and 16ml of Lavobar to control the contractions but it didn't help in any way. I was leaking waters, thirsty and hungry, and miserable, but i could only eat ice cubes while the contractions test took place. Eventually i was released at 8pm with more drips but no improvements to my contractions, because i looked so hungry and miserable after starving for 12hrs. There were many factors that could have caused the contractions and starvation was probably one of them.

I checked into a 5person ward, which looked rundown and so much smaller than our previous 2 person ward. The water basin and the toilet was like 3-4 meters apart at each end of the room!! Kinda telling as to how you shouldn't wash your hands after your business? Whoever designed the layout... anyways nampyeon reheated my food that was served at 6pm but i really had no appetite. I forced myself to eat whatever i could anyway. It was lucky the contractions stopped almost immediately after i ate and cleaned myself up, and i could sleep snugly without pain that night. It seems that all the discharge that needed to get out were out and that's why the contraction stopped? I was happy for a while thinking if that might be the case, and also wondering if it was a mistake to try to prevent all those discharge in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment